Monday, July 29, 2013

Broyhill Brasilia Dresser - Sanding and Sanding and Sanding

I think I finally got it sanded down enough that the swirlies won't show when I pre-condition and stain. It took about 3 hours of non-stop hand sanding with 220 grit sand paper. I felt fabulous when I finished. I thought I would be worn out and tired but I was surprised that I felt more accomplished than run down.  I took my time and tried not to sand straight through the veneer. The second photo shows some splotches which are just wet fingerprints. Ooops. I can't wait to see the stain on it.
 I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then I will have to find another project to get started on. Maybe I will luck out and find more Broyhill Brasilia pieces. Russel doesn't mind so I will keep looking until I find some. The first piece I'd love to have is a headboard and footboard for a queen bed. One day I hope to own the lingerie dresser and the china cabinet. Let me know if you run into something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and my precious Bella for trade.