Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Beauty from a box

Good news! I finished the end table and I am happy with the way it turned out. I can't wait to see the dresser all finished. 

Before
After


























Yesterday I had a pretty emotionally stressful day because I had to help my dad take his dog to be put to sleep. Then we had to dig a hole to bury her in. I am sore from using a pick axe to break up the soil. I was ready to just curl up in bed and sleep so when Russel brought a cute little box in from the mailbox I was happy to see my beautiful drawer pulls inside. They were shiny and beautiful. So, either the guy had them refinished or he actually had them fabricated. Either way I am happy with them. I can't wait to see how they look on the dresser. 




 I also convinced Russel to help me pick up my cedar chest. Mom's cedar chest. I was very happy to have it back. I cleaned it up and it looks fabulous in the living room. 


I am also almost done with the hardest parts of the dresser. I have the very bottom foot pieces and the sides and top. Then on to the second sanding which shouldn't take as long. The edges all had to be hand sanded because they are concave and not flat. The doors turned out nicely and only took about 6 hours all together.

 

 I am usually looking forward to working on this every day after work. Can't wait until 3:00!!!!