Saturday, August 6, 2011

Captain America



Yay! I finally had time to see Captain America last night. My final analysis: It was better than the 80's version.

Now for the bad: There was a montage midway through the movie that I wasn't too terribly crazy about. The music was pretty generic and I was a little disappointed in the "small Steve" computer graphics. Just because you can do CG...doesn't always mean you should.

And the good stuff: The shields were awesome. The scenes of Cap punching a look-a-like Hitler were great. Then showing the original Captain America comic book (reproductions I'm sure) was a nice touch. Peggy Carter was a strong and able woman instead of just some chick. The transition from the 1940's to modern time was done pretty well. I liked the way they kept Steve Roger's integrity throughout the film. His heart is always in the right place and he represented the United States with vallor.

I can't wait to see The Avengers. It's going to be great with Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, The Black Widow, Hawkeye, The Incredible Hulk, and Nick Fury.


I enjoyed the movie and I think I will see it again when it comes out on Blu-Ray. Thank you Russel I enjoyed being there with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment