Friday, October 8, 2010

My favorite time of year

Fall is my favorite time of year...an ease into winter which is also my favorite time of year. Things always seem less stressed out and more relaxed when its not 115 degrees outside. October is my favorite month. I love Halloween even though I never seem to find anything to do thats more adult oriented. Usually I would take my nephew trick or treating and then go to sleep watching a scary movie. I love the idea that you can be whatever you want to be for one day and its perfectly normal. No one makes fun of you for wearing your Star Trek uniform that you secretly have hidden in your closet. No one thinks anything is out of the ordinary when you walk out in a poodle skirt like you are going to a sock hop. I am also glad that September is officially over. I seem to have bad luck in September from one year to the next. I am still a little unsure about the holidays. I had such a wonderful Christmas last year and haven't had one before that since before my mom got sick. I am hoping the rest of this year will just continue to get better. I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment