Sunday, August 22, 2010

Trying something new

So, here I am sitting at my console at work and I am thinking, "Is this crazy or should I jump on the bandwagon and blog?" Well, I have always kept a personal journal. At least since I was in the 8th grade. I am not sure I had much to say about life at that time other than what unfair practices were happening to me at the time. When I tell people I have kept a journal that long I either get one of two comments, "You keep a diary? Ha ha Dear Diary...." or "Wow, I bet that's really neat to go back and read what you wrote 5 years ago."  I have learned a few things in my 35 years. Perhaps I should keep a running tab to remind myself.

#1 Always be thankful for what you have and say so.
#1.5 (one of Mom's rules) Don't worry about someone giving you a hard time because what goes around comes around and you hope to hell you are around when it does.
#2 (one of Dad's rules) Always make sure the breaker is turned off before working on anything electrical. Never trust that someone has done it for you.
#3 (another of Dad's rules) When running for safety: Never go up unless you can fly.
#4 Never go into a deal where money or freedom is involved no matter how much you love your family member or friend.
#5  Credit cards are EVIL!
#6 Dogs remind us of how we should view the world and treat people.
#7 Keep your keys in your hand while you lock your car doors.
#8 Most of the time, the cure for insomnia is saying thank you to God before while your head is on the pillow.
#9 When in doubt: unplug, restart and start from scratch.
#10 Never overbake the cookies.

So, there you have it. My first few reminders of how to go about my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment