Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What? I can't hear you.

Here is one of my all time worst pet peeves. I am on my lunch break at work. I am walking down the hall with my earbuds in and I am listening to something on my iPod. One of my co-workers who hasn't bothered to say a word to me in about 3 months suddenly feels the need to communicate with me. I see their lips moving but I can't hear them. I am thinking to myself, "This is my private time. Do I really want to explain that I am listening to music and can't hear them or do I pull the earbud out and ask them to repeat what they just said?" I do the nice thing and pull out my earbud and tell them I didn't hear what they said.

If you see me with my iPod and I have my earbuds in please understand, it's not personal. I am having my time and I am in another world. I generally don't want to talk at that very moment. Give me about 30 minutes and I'll be happy to chat.