Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hawks and Rain

The rain is a welcome sight. It is also making me very sleepy. Tomorrow the air condition repair guys are coming to install a new air conditioner. Hopefully it will be more energy efficient.

Yesterday my co-worker Bill Pieper spotted my hawk girl on campus. She picked up a live squirrel about 10 yards from him. He saw her later perched with her kill. I love squirrels but this hawk has stolen my heart. I am left in complete awe when I see her hunting. I can't even explain it. I hope she comes back to this side of campus soon as I am not able to leave the building most of the time. I wanted to share the awesome pictures my co-worker took. He is a truly great photographer and I wish I had his skill. Special Thanks to William R. Pieper for sharing his awesome photos with me.



Photo courtesy of William R. Pieper

Photo courtesy of William R. Pieper


Photo courtesy of William R. Pieper


Photo courtesy of William R. Pieper


Photo courtesy of William R. Pieper