Friday, September 16, 2011

Sadness and thankfulness


Sometimes it is difficult to look beyond your own sadness to see the things you should be thankful for. September has always been a very unlucky month for me. It seems to be the time when I have car accidents, people that I love get sick, terrorist attacks, arguments evolving into crisis, wildfires, and saying goodbye to Fraggles.

I read a post on a blog this morning that made me both very sad and also thankful at the same time. I felt terribly sad for this woman who lost someone she loved unexpectedly. I am just an anonymous person she doesn't know, but I wished at that point I could have told her she was in my thoughts. Hopefully just my silent thoughts and prayers will reach her in some way.

I still miss my Suzy Fraggle very much. I miss being away from Bella and Ranger because I am going to be housesitting for a little while. As much as I miss the pups I usually end up missing Russel even more. (Don't blush Russel, they know I'm crazy about you.) During my difficult month Russel has been my hero. I just hope that I said thank you enough for everything he does for me. I am so very fortunate to have him in my life.

I am hoping that my favorite month of October will be better. I am so looking forward to vacation and a great Halloween.