Monday, July 25, 2011

New Tunes

There is this really cool machine at the local H.E.B. I am sure most people are familiar with it but I have never used one until yesterday. The Coinstar.

This machine is pretty amazing. In the past I have taken my coins in a bucket to my bank where they count them and give you the exact amount for free. Well, the coinstar is kinda cool because you have the choice of getting gift cards for places like Itunes, Amazon, Lowes and Starbucks. If you choose to get cash back they charge you 9%, which in my opinion is a complete rip off. I'd just take it to my bank and get all of my money back in dollar bills. Anyway, Russel convinced me to scrounge up all of my spare change, which wasn't much and we would go cash it in for Itunes. I finally did it! I cashed it in and a few of Russel's coins. I was surprised when it said 13 dollars. Then Russel pointed out how many pennies I had. 666 pennies because 2 of them were glued together and couldn't be used. LOL.

There was an album I had on my wish list for a while so I was really excited that I could actually buy it on Itunes. I was a little disappointed that they charge tax on Itunes. I am just wondering if there is anything that isn't taxed in some form or fashion.

So here is the album I bought. The Best of Chess Records. If you have seen the movie Cadillac Records then you have heard most of the songs. The best of the Chicago blues circuit. Etta James, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddly and of course the Howlin' Wolf. 
 So, if you have spare change hanging around I'll take it if you don't want it. I accept pennies!!!! Next time I'd like to have more or less than 666 of them though. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment