Monday, December 6, 2010

The heavens scooting by...

The other night Russel set up his telescope so I could be captivated by the heavens again. I decided to set up the camera and attempt some more star trail pictures. I didn't think that they turned out very well while I was taking them. The camera somehow moved (I blame user error or the evil camera fairies) so I figured I wasn't going to get anything that even looked like a star. I went ahead and downloaded them and stacked them just to see how horrible they turned out. I was pleasantly surprised. Russel says its time to move on to the next level of astrophotography. I am thinking I should stick to what I know. :-) Just kidding. You may have to look closely to see the small streaks.






Cassiopeia streaking around the sky


The bright streak is Jupiter.


No comments:

Post a Comment