Monday, December 20, 2010

Computers hate me...

If you know me, you know that me and computers generally don't get along. We have a love-hate relationship. When I touch a computer or any electrical device they seem to break. Not to the extreme in this picture but pretty close. I had some time off from work and I ended up working on computers the entire time. The home computer got a virus that is pure evil. I was unsuccessful at trying to cure it so...windows re-install will be coming soon. My aunt called me and needed help with her laptop because it wouldn't connect to the wireless.

While I was working on those two issues my portable external hard drive died. That had the back-up for all of the other computers. I cried and then Russel came in to save the day. He was able to recover the data from my hard drive and keep it safe until I could get another one. I promised I would never ever make weird faces or make fun of Linux again. So, here it is...I love Linux...mostly Tux but THANK YOU LINUX! for saving my butt twice already. Thank you Russel for everything!

Tux as Captain America.

My co-worker Matty came to the rescue to help me troubleshoot the problem with my aunt's computer so hopefully that will be up and running shortly. Thank you Matty.

Hopefully I will be able to get another portable hard drive soon. Until then iTunes...my other nemisis is at a standstill. Maybe if I ever get another computer I won't run into evil software problems.
I can almost hear Russel saying, "Let's install Linux on it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment