Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mid Century Fabric Turned into Wall Hanging

I am so excited that the finishing touches on the bedroom are getting done. Russel and I went to Michaels and purchased the stretcher bars for the fabric I purchased on Etsy from Dutch Details.



We purchased two 48 inch bars and two 40 inch bars. Unfortunately, Russel had to adjust them so that we would have enough fabric to wrap all the way around. 


 We used staples and wood glue to put the frame back together. It was difficult to wait a full 24 hours for everything to set and cure. 

After that we stretched the fabric and used a stable gun to secure the fabric to the back of the stretcher bars. 

I think it turned out absolutely wonderful. It brings another retro feel to the room and its funky enough to get your attention when you walk into the room. 




Bella Poses hidden in the duvet










I still have one more corner to work on and I am not quite sure what's next even though I have some things in mind. 

Update on the second Broyhill dresser I found on Craigslist. I received a text message from the poster saying that they had a family emergency and had to go out of town. When I woke up at about 3am I was pretty upset about it because we had our trip planned. I sent a text message later the next morning asking them to let me know when they would return so we can make arrangements. I did not receive a message back. A few days later I sent another text and asked if they were available for a Sunday pickup and still received no response. I am pretty sad about it but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully another piece will come around which was meant to be mine. 

Until then, on with the decorating!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment