Monday, November 29, 2010

Vertigo

I absolutely love this photo of James Stewart and Kim Novak from the Alfred Hitchcock film Vertigo. Russel introduced me to this movie and I really enjoyed it. The cars were fantastic, even if you look in the background of many of the shots. The only thing I didn't think was cool was that he should have fallen in love with Midge at the end. Afterall she was the one who went to visit him in the hospital and she was crazy enough to put herself out on the line with her "self portrait." To borrow Russel's thoughts on the portrait...it could have been used on the cover of a romance novel.



I identified with her goofyness and her quick wit and less with the main character played by Kim Novak. So, thanks Russel, I enjoyed it. My world continues to grow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment