Friday, September 10, 2010

Fond memories

I have been looking for something from my past. When I was a little girl I have very fond memories of the dishes my mother had. I remember my dad would never eat on any other plate because this was very flat and large. Being a "meat and potatoes" kinda guy he needed lots of room. Ha. I remember squeezing a lemon in the coffee cups with salt or cutting up the lemon with the rind attached on the saucers and eating them with salt. We use to have at least 5-6 settings but now they are all gone and unable to be found. So, I found them on ebay but wow, they sure want a lot of money for them. I have come to be even more fond of them because they have a green daisy pattern on the edge. Green is my favorite color and daisies just happen to be my favorite flower. Maybe one day when I am rich I will be able to bring a part of my past back into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment