Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dog paws in water

I find it very strange that my labrador retreiver, Suzy-Fraggle, loves going to the lake and chasing after pretty much anything in the water, yet when it rains outside she does everything to avoid getting her paws wet. So, I asked her the other day if it was because wet grass somehow feels different than dry grass or if it was because she was not totally submerged in water and the paws gave off some sense of impending danger. Here was her well thought out response to my question: She said, "Here is my ball. Do you want to play with my ball? It's a great ball. Can you throw it for me? I will love you forever. Here is my ball. Look, can you see my ball? Potty in the rain? Ummmm I'll go to my kennel and you won't be able to see me in there. My paws don't like to get wet. Oh look! There is another ball in my kennel. Wait, don't leave, you have to throw my ball."



So, hopefully Suzy-Fraggle won't get a bladder infection because it has been raining for 3 days and in her mind it takes at least a week for the grass to dry. Poor Suze. She's a goober and I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment