Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back from Vacation

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end.

I am back from vacation which was much much needed. Of course, I didn't want to and I was secretly hoping to win the lottery even though I haven't played. Ha.

First of all the Rush concert was phenomenal. I loved it. I can't wait to see them again in concert. I wish I could have taken a better camera than just my cell phone but it is something to remember them by. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get us on the floor to hear them more in person but I was still very happy to be there.







Then off to New Braunfels we went!

Even though it was truly truly hot with temperatures over 100 degrees I had so much fun. The pool was great and relaxing. I enjoyed the tube that Russel got me because it had a mesh bottom and I wasn't worried about falling out of it and being eaten by water moccasins (water moskins) My only complaint was my legs and arms were too short to paddle.







We went to the classic car museum and saw some outstanding Duesenburgs and other pristinely restored cars.

My favorite green one.

I like the American flag on the bumper.

This looked like a jet engine in the front of the car. ha.

A hot rod before her time.


Off to Fiesta Texas we go!

First of all, it was surface of the sun hot at Fiesta Texas but I couldn't wait to go. I knew it was going to be great to be on those roller coasters and feeling that adrenaline pumping like crazy. It was great. Russel and I rode in the very front of The Rattler and it was awsome. We took some time out to watch a show in the air conditioned auditorium. There were a couple of times I thought I was getting pretty light headed and fixing to pass out. I made it through though. Russel didn't have to call EMS or try to cart me out of there. I took my pocket camera but we really didn't take any pictures while we were there. I took a few of Russel...of course.
On one of the rides we had our picture taken but I looked crazy psycho-like and pretty much threatened Russel not to buy it. On the Superman ride we got one taken that looked somewhat decent so he got it. I liked that he was holding my hand and we both looked crazy. Ha!

Russel and his cute smile.

The disgusting wall of gum on the wall at one of the rides.



Russel and I trying to cool off at one of the shows.


Back to Austin/Leander and a relaxing movie and a Midnight Expresso shake from Alamo Drafthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment