Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ghetto-tacular Lawn

 
This is not anything like what my grass looks like. I am trying to work on it though. Yesterday I spent about 3 hours raking and bagging leaves. I have 3 more piles to go! Ugh. Here is a word of advice for anyone considering using rocks in landscape work. If you are lazy like me and want a quick mowing of the lawn and nothing else, don't use rocks...especially that crappy lava rock stuff. Yeah it looks wonderful and clean when it goes in but then in the fall when the leaves get all embeded in it, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the leaves out of the rock beds. If you rake or use a blower the rocks get swept out with the leaves. I think I just want grass everywhere and maybe some mulch around the base of the trees.

So, this is what I will be doing little by little...hopefully if I don't get too lazy or sore. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment