Thursday, March 24, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger



C

If you know me, you know one of my most favorite superheroes is Captain America. It appeals to my patriotism and the optimist in me believing in heroes who defend and represent our country. I am so excited about this movie. I am hoping they did it right this time. I still like the one made in the 80's even though it's very corny and low budget. I thought the Red Skull was pretty well done, even in that one. So, for those of you who don't know much about Captain America here is some basics that I found pretty darn cool!


Captain America is Steve Rogers who participated in an experiment to make super soldiers to fight in WWII.
Although he appeared in comic books prior to his own debut in 1941, his first dedicated comic book sold almost a million copies. It depicted Cap hitting Adolf Hitler in the jaw and knocking him to the ground. Today this comic has sold at auction for $115,000.00 This comic was published 9 months before the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The circulation far surpased that of Time magazine.


Captain America was the people's champion, representing the people of America rather than the government. Since the recent attacks on America, Cap has a even more greater resolve to protect his country and the principles for which she stands.




So, with that being said, I have to say that as much as this movie appeals to me, I am thankful for the job that the United States Military does on a daily basis. These are the true Avengers and the real life superheroes. They all do a job that I just can't do and they have volunteered to do it. They get sent away from home and away from their families for months to years at a time to put their lives on the line to protect not only the soil of the United States of America, but the reputation that politicians corrupt in an instant without thinking twice. We should all be thankful that we do have these real life heroes. They are the people's champion. They protect this country and the principles for which it stands.




No comments:

Post a Comment