Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

For a very long time, Valentine's Day was probably the saddest day of the year for me. Well, one of them at least. I would see all of the married women at work getting flowers from their husbands. I wouldn't dare go out to dinner alone on Valentine's Day simply because every place was packed full of couples holding hands, speaking softly and laughing with each other. Those are the things I simply could not bear to watch, knowing I would be going home alone. I remember one year it seemed so bad that my dad even brought me a small vase of flowers to work to cheer me up. Thank you for that Dad. It really did mean a lot.


 So, now that I have someone very special in my life I am thinking back to all of those times I looked enviously upon the couples I saw walking down the street. I can honestly say that I have tried to make the absolute most of having someone wonderful in my life. Probably embarrassing him when I kiss him more than once in public. Hey, once just wasn't enough! I have found that spending time with him has changed me. For the better, I hope. I try to remember everytime I hold his hand what it was like to hold his hand for the very first time. It still makes me smile. I kind of wish we were still in the times of writing handwritten letters to one another. I think of all of the ways I could tell him how much he means to me. Although this is not my handwriting, the one way I will always end a letter to him is by saying I love you.


How did I spend my Valentine's Day this year? I spent it with Russel. Off from work. Running errands, annoying him with two or more kisses at the supermarket. Making him dinner. Making up stories about what Kitteh would be saying if she could speak. (One of my favorite things to do) And more importantly, being very happy that he is safely here with me. I hope everyone has such a wonderful day, surrounded by love and kitteh's with alter-egos. And, for those who are spending it as I did just a few short years ago, I hope it changes very soon for you, so that you too can be thankful and loved and want to shout it to the world. I know how you feel.


Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment